Lexington, KY, February 19, 2021 — NASPO ValuePoint announces updates to its Body Armor and Ballistic Resistant Products portfolio of cooperative contracts. The portfolio was solicited by NASPO ValuePoint’s Multistate Sourcing Team™, providing an alternative to a long and complex solicitation process at the State level. Awarded vendors offer some of the best solutions for body armor and ballistic resistant products available in the market today. The cooperative procurement process also benefits interested vendors as the approved Master Agreements allow the 12 qualified contractors to market their products and negotiate Participating Addendums with individual participating states.
NASPO ValuePoint, the contracting arm of the National Association of State Procurement Officials, facilitates agencies’ solicitations and coordinates open competitions for contracts, enabling states to lower administrative costs and share resources.
“These Master Agreements give states and other public entities access to tested, approved and certified body armor and ballistic resistant products that protect police and patrol officers in their service to our communities,” said Amy Risley, State Procurement Administrator for the state of Colorado, and the Lead State serving on the Sourcing Team.
Key benefits of new agreements:
- This contract offers Master Agreements for the procurement of Body Armor and Ballistic Resistant Products for the benefit of Participating States and other approved Purchasing Entities.
- Replaces the previous expiring NASPO contracts
- Twelve qualified and pre-approved body armor suppliers
- Additional details for categories added
- Provides purchasing entity control on how to complete the sizing as required under the contracts to allow for local COVID restrictions to be maintained
- The RFP included comprehensive requirements to meet National Institute of Justice testing
- Details on National Institute of Justice Compliant Products Lists active status required every time a product is ordered and acceptance in contract cycle for proposed new National Institute of Justice standards that are forecast to be completed in contract term
- Agreements are available to state governments, the District of Columbia, territories of the United States, as well as some government subdivisions.
- Benefits of the Solicitation and Agreements:
- The RFP and all Master Agreements were solicited, awarded, and developed using a Lead State Model™ and the input of a Multi-State Sourcing Team™.
- Each state can determine the best supplier fit and best value to meet their unique business needs.
- Comprehensive terms and conditions are included in all Master Agreements.
- Robust Performance Standards are included in all agreements.
- Other benefits to be gained by purchasing entities through NASPO ValuePoint multi-state cooperative procurement:
- Greater vendor participation
- Reduced procurement costs
- Expedited procurement timelines
- Increased procurement flexibility
- Expanded functionality through comprehensive multi-state requirements
Evaluation and Awarded Providers
This solicitation was released on July 1, 2020 and closed on August 19, 2020. Twelve proposals were qualified to receive a Master Agreement.
- Angel Armor
- Armor Express
- GH Armor
- Midwest Armor
- Onyx Armor
- Point Blank Enterprises
- Slate Solutions
- Survival Armor
- United Shield
How to Participate in the Contract Portfolio
States are required to sign a NASPO ValuePoint Participating Addendum to purchase from a NASPO ValuePoint Master Agreement. Find out if your state’s purchasing office has signed to participate here or contact us on how to fast track this opportunity via email at [email protected]. Pricing details are in the Master Agreement listed on the contract portfolio page and vary depending on the provider and services. View current FAQs for this contract portfolio, including terms and conditions, for more details.
To learn more about these exceptional values of services, how you can participate, or to ask questions about these contracts, please contact NASPO ValuePoint at [email protected].
About NASPO and NASPO ValuePoint
The National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO) is a non-profit association dedicated to advancing public procurement through leadership, excellence, and integrity. It is made up of the directors of the central purchasing offices in each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the territories of the United States. NASPO is an organization that helps its members as public procurement leaders by promoting best practices, education, professional development, research, and innovative procurement strategies. Learn more at www.naspo.org.
NASPO ValuePoint is the cooperative purchasing division of the National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO), facilitating cooperative public procurement solicitations using a Lead State model. NASPO ValuePoint delivers high value, reliable, and competitively sourced cooperative contracts –offering public entities outstanding prices, favorable terms and conditions, and value-added services. Learn more at www.naspovaluepoint.org.
NASPOTM, NASPO ValuePointTM, and Lead State ModelTM are trademarks of the National Association of State Procurement Officials.